Saturday, May 12, 2012

Easy Banana Bread


I love simple.
I love sweets.
I love a recipe makes me smile down to my feets.

I bet you didn't know that I wrote poetry huh? Well, I don't really. Can you tell? I mean, what poet uses the word, feets? And what kind of baker puts a photo of their feet on a food blog???? One that can and does! It's MY blog after all. 

You do have to admit that feets does sound kind of cute right? Couldn't you see a big ole' butch telling her femme, "Aw, look at your cute little feets?" *Stops writing to crack up laughing* 

Did you know that the word actually exists? It does. Just look it up in the Urban dictionary. The definition of feets is:  "things at the end of your legs." Good enough.  



Time to stop goofing off with this nonsensical chatter about silly stuff. You didn't stop by this blog to see poetry or what my feet look like in socks. What irony though; did you notice in the picture that my socks say "No Nonsense?" lol.  

I had some really ripe bananas that were destined for the garbage if I didn't do something with them soon. Not wanting them to go to waste, I searched and searched online for a recipe that didn't call for a ton of ingredients because I wasn't in the mood to go to the grocery store. I also wanted a recipe that was easy.  We all know I'm all about easy. I also didn't want to have to use a whole lot of butter either.  I'm still trying to lose weight but still want to have my cake and eat it too...literally. Hey, I've managed to lose 10 lbs so far despite sweets being part of my daily diet. Moderation is the key. I'll admit that sometimes the call of the cookie gets a bit much and I do indulge but the pounds are coming off slowly but surely.

Here is the recipe that I used and will give a big thumbs up! It's easy, calls for only 9 ingredients (I added walnuts), and tastes really good.  The bread is moist, flavorful, and will get gobbled up quickly.  It's also great with coffee.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup salted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 ripe bananas, finely crushed
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1.  Cream together butter and sugar.

2.  Add eggs and bananas.

3.  Sift together flour, soda, and salt.  Add to creamed mixture.  Add vanilla.

4.  Pour into greased and floured loaf or bundt pan.

5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Try useing honey to replace the sugar in your bread. 1 cup sugar = 1 cup honey. Not only does it make a moister bread, it changes the flavor and makes it just a bit heaver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your food blog via Pinterest and I'm so excited to see another butch in the kitchen. My wife (butch) is an amazing cook also and I blog about her delicious meals, recipes, and experiments on our food blog. I've love to be added to your LGBT Food Network if you like our blog. http://williamskitchen.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete