Monday, January 27, 2014

Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing




You know that saying, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade?  Well, sure, I don't mind making lemonade but that's got a lot of sugar.  Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fresh homemade lemonade.  Even as I type this I'm craving it.  But, since I'm trying to lose weight and when a friend handed me a bag of lemons, I decided to made a tasty lemon vinaigrette salad dressing instead!!  I searched online and found an easy recipe; one that called for everything that I already had available in my pantry.  I'm really big on simple recipes and this one fit the bill.

Recipe:
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic (I added 4 cloves!)
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp sugar ( I added 1 tsp)
1/8 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground pepper

For the salad:
Spring mix
Fresh spinach
Feta cheese
Grape tomatoes

Adapted from Food.com

I used a recycled glass container to for my dressing so I didn't need to whisk the ingredients because I shook them in the jar.  If you don't have a closed container then whisk all the ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved.  Chill for an hour. Whisk ingredients before serving, or in my case, do the cha cha as you shake the jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment